Throwback Thursday - Coming Back Home

One year ago today the last Pickleville book came out. I miss my Pickleville fellas.


Seth Murray just might be the most stubborn man on the face of this plant. He refused to move back to Pickleville because of one fight with his father. That is until he gets a call saying that his dad has passed away suddenly. The first person Seth thinks about is the one man he gave up because of his stubborn pride. Five years ago, all Seth wanted was to be with Carter. Now he doesn’t know what he wants. And Carter has his own life. One that Seth certainly didn’t see coming when he finally reconnects with the man again. One that revolves around a certain blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl that completely melts Seth’s heart the minute he meets her.


Excerpt

   Seth knew Carter saw him. How could he not. Carter walked right past him into the horse barn as if Seth had been invisible. Seth followed him in and stood there for a second watching Carter go into the tack room. Seth followed him in and then closed the door after him, plunging them both into darkness.
   “Open the door, Seth.”
   “No.”
   “Then at least turn on the light.”
   “No, I like it this way.” It made the conversation they needed to have that much easier. Still scared the crap out of him though, not that he would be admitting that anytime soon to anyone.
   “Seth.”
   “I’ll turn on the light when you tell me what your problem is.”
   “I don’t have a problem. Now, turn on the light before you trip over something.”
   “Right, like you’re really worried about my wellbeing at the moment.”
   “What’s that supposed to mean? I don’t want you to get hurt.”
   “Well, it’s a little too late for that, now isn’t it?”
   “What are you talking about?”
   “I’m talking about the way you’ve been treating me. Like I have the damn plague or something.”
   He heard Carter sigh. “Seth, please. Just open the door so I can do my job.”
   “The sooner you tell me what your problem is, the sooner I let you out.”
   “I can physically remove you from in front of that door.”
   Seth narrowed his eyes. Logically, he knew Carter couldn’t see him, but he didn’t care at the moment. Seth didn’t say anything. The more he talked the more Carter wanted to argue about everything but the real problem. Instead, he decided to wait Carter out.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Max (Demon Elite #7) Available Now!