A Book to Inspire


So this week Bronwyn and I thought we'd tell a bit about the books we read as children. 

What did I read as a child that inspires me now?

When I was thirteen years old I picked up Different Seasons by Stephen King. It was an anthology that had four stories in it. I read all of them, but one in particular as always stuck with me. The Body is a story about four boys that go look for a dead kid in the woods. The movie Stand by Me was based off this book. 

The reason why it inspires me now is because it's a very plot-driven story. As a writer of genre fiction creating an interesting story that someone can escape into often involves making sure the plot moves forward and keeps the reading wanting more of the story. This was something that story did well and something I aspire too every time I sit down to write.


When you're finished reading my article go visit Bronwyn Heeley's blog and see what she has to say about how she tackles research. http://bronwynheeley.blogspot.com/




The Way Life Turns by April Kelley & Bronwyn Heeley
(A BonyDee Press Challenge)

LINKS


What happens when two men are in very different places in their relationship?

Almost from the start of their relationship, Jonah was in love with Scott. Scott doesn’t share that same sentiment. Jonah finds out exact how Scott feels about him the hard way when he sees Scott in a compromising position with someone else. How they react becomes the challenge two authors have set out to solve. Will there be forgiveness or misery as Jonah reacts to what Scott has done?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Win an Amazon Gift Card and some great books!