Crafty Tuesday - To KU or not to KU revisited

So last time I posted about Kindle Unlimited I said I would experiment with it and see how my sales were doing. After just one week of being out of KU, I have discovered that my sales are better on KU, at least for new releases it is. 

I pulled Leave it All off KU and put it wherever books are sold after the allotted three month period
was up and I plan on doing that for all my new releases from now on. 

The reason why: Leave it All was released on November 10th, 2015 and in that first month alone 60% of the sales I made on Amazon were from KU. I will add that Leave it All was the only book I had in the program.

On February 10th, 2016 I released the second book in this series, Running Out of Moonlight, wherever books are sold. I was not happy with the sales on other sites. The only place I've been selling significantly is on Amazon. 

Now, I did expect the sales of the second book to be slower than the first. Often times a reader will buy the first book and put in into their TBR pile. This especially happens to newer authors, such as myself. I've found that the second book in a series will have slower sales to start out, but they are steadier over the first two months. I will also say that the reviews for Leave it All were very good. Almost all 4 and 5 star reviews on Amazon and on Goodreads.

Having said that, my sales for Running Out of Moonlight on other sites were significantly less than
the amount I would get from KU. However, the sales on Amazon were slightly higher for the second book in the series than the first book.

So Running Out of Moonlight is available on Kindle Unlimited until May 16th at which time it will be available wherever books are sold. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Max (Demon Elite #7) Available Now!