What 2015 Brought Me

2015 has been one heck of a year for me and deserves a post. It felt a little bit like a roller coaster. I had really high highs and really low lows.

I fulfilled a lifelong dream and managed to get a book published. Whispers of Home (Pickleville #1) came out in February and changed my life forever. I'm so thankful for the chance eXtasy Books has given me. I've had two books series published, One single title, and Book one of another series since then. 17 books in total just this year alone.

Amazing.

It seems I found my niche and I'm happy putting words on paper.

I've made lifelong friends this years and further cemented the bond with others. I've even made a best friend this year and am starting a business with her. I managed to go to GRL with a very good friend of mine and had a great time.

The support I've received from them all has made my entire year.

I lost my grandfather this year. There are times in our lives when everything changes forever. Sometimes it's hard to recognize these times until they're long past, but I can say that I knew it when he was in the hospital. I knew it the second I entered that hospital room and found him unconscious. I didn't need the doctor to tell me he wasn't going to recover, I already knew. That was further cemented in the week that he held on.

I think about him all the time now. Missing him will only get worse. I know this from experience.

Still, I learned something in the week that I sat at his bedside in the hospital and the funeral afterwards. I learned that my grandfather loved me unconditionally and I learned that not every member of my family does. More importantly, I've learned to be okay with that.

I'm happy being me. That's something I can say for the first time this year.

So I'm going out of 2015 just a little bit wise then I went in. I'm also going out exactly the way I went in. With a book. Crash (Demon Elite #1) is the first book for me in 2016. Comes out today through eXtasy Books.

Happy New Year!







Comments

April Watts said…
I am happy for you, and sad. Hope that you have continued success. You have learned a valuable lesson. I hope you are always proud of who you are, cause I think she is someone for people to look up to. Happy 2016, and best wishes to come.
April Watts said…
I am happy for you, and sad. Hope that you have continued success. You have learned a valuable lesson. I hope you are always proud of who you are, cause I think she is someone for people to look up to. Happy 2016, and best wishes to come.
Bronwyn said…
Sometimes you need downs to make you realise or focus on the positives!! this year is going to be better then the last!!

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Win an Amazon Gift Card and some great books!