Bronwyn's Interlude


Drawing a Blank


 

Presently I am sitting here, not only drawing a blank on what to write for this post but also on one of my stories that I’ve got to get written by the end of the month (and yes it’s a DRitC 2015) but I have nothing.

 

Just nothing.

 

I wish I was the type of person that could just pump out book after book, like April can. Did you know that she’s written more books in this one year than I have over two?! But I can’t, I hit road blocks, that gives me a flat while pissing down with rain and my spare just happens to be strapped to the bottom of my car, and because of my luck, oh look stopped over a puddle.

 

They sometimes seem like they take forever to get over, and I’m not exaggerating. The last block lasted 6 months before I finally pulled my shit outta my arse and started writing, though it wasn’t until the last week of last year that I actually got real excited about what I was writing.

 

I have this problem of absolutely hating writing. Oh, I love building the story up. I love the excitement of getting everything to work. The chemistry between the characters and me. That it’s a journey that will only end when I write ‘the end’ but that’s not what happens, I generally know how it’s going to end midway through, if not from before I start actually writing the story and unless I get real obsessed about the story (or it’s like 6K long) I tend to get over the excitement quickly.

 

Did I mention how much I hate writing? I hate sitting down when I could be doing something else, which is a reason I generally write at night. Can’t turn the music up. Can’t go out. And the sad thing is that I don’t go out, I just putter around doing embarrassing things in my house that I don’t really want to mention.

 

So how do I get over the massive blocks? Yeah I wish I could help you there, because I have no idea, mostly I think I just have to sit down and make myself, which is what I’m doing right now, because I’ve only got a few weeks to push out a 20K story and my kids are off school for 2 week holiday.

 

Sigh.
 
 

 

I also want to let you guys know that I’ll be republishing My Kevin on the 24th of May 2015. This means that at the beginning of May it will come off be unpublished on Smashwords and when it returns it will cost money. So, if you want to get a free copy, go and buy it now so you’re able to send me the rescript to get the new version the better version.

 

You can get it here: Smashwords
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Win an Amazon Gift Card and some great books!