Writing and reading to Escape

So I thought I would do a post about what I write. When my book comes out next month, you'll know exactly what to expect. I should first started out my saying that I write M/M contemporary romance. Just in case you're new to the blog or maybe we've just been introduced. But this post isn't about that necessarily. This post his a little more concentrated on the writing itself.




I've been reading most of my life. I've been reading books that are LGBT centered for more than ten years now. Why LGBT? Well, I suppose I enjoy the characters, and writing in general, in these books more than in other genres. If you are a part of the LGBT community than I'm sure you understand how lonely it can be sometimes, living in a straight world. 




Of course, I read other things too. I've read the classics and the stuff your English professors tell you to read. My favorite poet is Walt Whitman. I read Leaves of Grass like its my bible. And yes, I've read it cover to cover. I also love Zora Neale Hurston more than I can express with words. If you don't know who either of these people are than what are you doing reading this blog. Go to get a book by either of these authors right now. You'll love it. So, if your a writer I think you should also be reading the stuff that will make you better at your craft. Read what the masters wrote.




Most of the time I don't want to think about the moral or theme of a book. I just want to escape into that world. My true heart is in the stuff that takes me away from my world for just a little while.


I write for the same reason. At least, it's one of the reasons I write.




Just so you know what to expect from me. I'm not going to be one of those authors that has some grand message to send the world. I don't think I have one of those really.




I simply want you to escape with me.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Books are coming out!

Credo (Demon Elite #8) Available Now!

Max (Demon Elite #7) Available Now!